In either a Test case or a Pre-Condition, the Test Details or the Pre-Condition Details custom fields are not shown and instead it shows the error message below:
The following solutions are applicable to solve your issue in the Test or the Pre-Condition Issue Types:
- Go to the Project Settings, Screens and edit the screens;
- Choose the Screen Scheme for the Test/Pre-Condition issue type;
- Edit the default screen of the scheme and make sure that it has the following configuration:
- Go to your project -> Project Settings -> Issue types:
- Button Actions -> Edit issue types:
- Remove all the Xray Issue Types -> Save:
- Go back to your Project -> Project Settings -> Button Actions - Add Xray Issue Types:
If you don't see the option "Add Xray Issue Types", make sure that the user belongs to a group allowed to "Add Xray Issue Types". Check this on the "Miscellaneous" menu of Xray configuration.
Go to your project -> Project Settings -> Fields -> Button Actions - Edit fields
- On the Field configuration associated with the Issue type Test or Pre-Condition, check if some of these custom fields are hidden for the respective Issue Types:
- Test Type
- Cucumber Test Type
- Cucumber Scenario
- Generic Test Definition
- Manual Test Steps
- Pre-Condition Type
- If some of these custom fields are hidden, please click on "Show".
(Example for the custom field "Cucumber Test Type")
Go to Jira Administration-> Issues -> Fields - Custom Fields.
For the custom fields described in Solution 3, check if all of these custom fields are respectively associated with Test or Pre-Condition Issue Type and applied to a Global Context.
Example for the custom field Cucumber Test Type
- Search for each of the already mentioned custom fields and click on Configure:
- Click on the link - Edit Configuration;
- Check if this custom field is associated with the issue type Test and applied in a Global Context.