- Navigation and Actions bar
- Execution Status and General Information
- Test Details
Navigation and Actions bar
The status section contains other relevant fields such as:
- Timer - The time elapsed since the last time the timer started and the total time logged into this execution
- Assignee - the User assigned to perform the current test execution
- Executed By - the last User that changed the status of the current test run
- Versions - the target release version tested by the current test execution
- Revision - the source code and documentation version used in the current test execution
- Started On - the date and time the execution of the current test started
- Finished On - the date and time the execution of the current test finished
You can change the Test Run assignee directly on the field. It supports inline editing and once activated, you can filter by user and then select the one you want to assign to the Test Run.
If the dates are configured to be edited, you can edit the Started On date by clicking the calendar icon and choosing the date and time. You can check your configurations by going to Jira Administration > Add-ons > Miscellaneous.
The timer is used to help the user track the time spent in the execution of the test.
This feature will only be available if the corresponding settings are active in the project settings (INCLUDE LINK).
The timer itself can be started, paused and reset manually using the button to do so:
You can also edit the value on the timer ny clicking on it.
The timer will also automatically start when the status of the Test Run changes to Executing and it will pause when it changes to a final status (i.e. Passed, Failed), it will also reset when it the Test Run changes to Todo.
Underneath the timer there is a component that tracks the time logged for this execution:
By clicking on it, you can log more time into it:
This time will be added to the work log of the respective Test Execution:
This section is where the Defects, Evidences, Comments and Custom Fields added are displayed.
This field lists the overall and step defects related to the current execution. It is possible to Create new Defect issues (or sub-tasks) or Add existing Defects by clicking the respective option.
It is also possible to define custom fields that are mandatory. If this is the case, users will not be able to set a final status on the Test Run if there is any required custom field that is not populated.
This field is inline editable so you can input comments about the current execution without reloading the page.