- Create Cucumber tests (e.g., Scenario/Scenario Outlines) and their respective step code in some other tool.
- Import existing Cucumber tests using the REST API (e.g., from an existing code base which may have tests, and their corresponding step implementation)
- Optionally, and in parallel,
- Specify additional or edit existing Cucumber tests in natural language, in Jira.
- Implement remaining tests in code and commit them to the source code versioning system.
- Export Cucumber features from Jira to the CI environment, using the REST API or the Jenkins/Bamboo plugins.
- Execute tests in the CI environment.
- Report results to Xray, using the REST API (or CI plugins, if available).
- Repeat from step 3 onwards.