Shows a list of Test Plans with consolidated information for each one, including the test statuses count, overall progress and Test Environment-related metrics.
To use this report, your project must have the Test Plan issue type in the issue type scheme.
This report allows shows some relevant metrics that enable you to evaluate a Test Plan and eventually compare it with others.
Possible usage scenarios:
- analyze both the progress of the Test Plan and its success rate (i.e., the % of Tests contributing to the requirement's OK status)
- analyze the success rate by Test Environment
- see the number of manual Tests vs. others in the Test Plan
- see the overall execution status (i.e., the latest status of the Tests of the Test Plan)
- see the number of linked defects opened/closed, in the context of the Test Plan
How to use
This report is accessible either from the Xray Reports icon on the project left sidebar or from the standard Reports icon, which includes other kinds of reports besides Xray.
At the top of the report you'll find two areas related with the report and with the data shown in the report.
- A: Filter, for selecting the source data
- B: visualization information and options
Source Test Plan issues can be directly provided (within section A) using a saved filter or by specifying some Test Plan fields:
- Saved filter: a saved filter containing Test Plan issues
- Fix Version: the version assigned to the Test Plan
- Assignee: the Test Plan's assignee
- Status: the workflow status
- Resolution: the workflow resolution
Only Test Plans from the current project are shown.
total test executions
|Number of Test Executions related with this Test Plan|
total test runs
|Total number of Test Runs from all related Test Executions|
|Number of Tests being tracked by the Test Plan|
number of tests by status
|Number of Test Plan's Tests, per latest status|
number of tests by test type
|Number of Test Plan's Tests, per Test Type|
|Overall progress; % of Tests with a final status|
|% of "successful" Tests (i.e., whose latest status contributes to the OK requirement status; the PASS Test Run status is an example of such a status)|
success rate by Test Environment
|% of "successful" Tests (i.e., whose latest status contributes to the OK requirement status), per Test Environment|
|linked defects (open/closed)|
Defects directly associated with the related Test Runs (i.e., that were created within the context of Test Executions of a given Test Plan). Will count unique Defects (i.e., if the same Defect issue is added multiple times in the same Test Run or added multiple times within Test Runs within the same Test Plan, it will count as one)
Defects with Resolution will be counted in the Closed column; all others will be counted in the Open column.
The report may be a bit wide for some screen resolutions so you will need to scroll horizontally to see the rest of the information.
Some values provide a link, so you can be redirected to the respective entities.
Exporting the Report
The report can be exported to a CSV file, which will include all report rows (and not just the visible ones).
Click on Export and select To csv.
Sharing the Report
The report can be shared by copying and sending the URL located in the browser's address bar.
When opening the report the Filter will be automatically populated with the values provided in the URL.