Shows a list of Test Executions with metrics related to each execution, including the test count per run status, per test type, overall progress and linked defects.
To use this report, your project must have the Test Execution or Sub-Test Execution issue types in the issue type scheme.
This report enables you to evaluate some relevant metrics of Test Executions and compare them between different cycles.
Possible usage scenarios:
- analyze both the progress of the Test Execution and the success rate (i.e., the % of Tests contributing to the requirement's OK status)
- see the number of manual Tests vs. others in the Test Execution
- see the overall execution status (i.e., the current status of the Test Runs)
- see the number of opened/closed linked defects, in the context of the Test Execution
How to use
This report is accessible either from the Xray Reports icon on the project left sidebar or from the standard Reports icon, which includes other kinds of reports besides Xray.
At the top of the report you'll find two areas related with the report and with the data shown in the report.
- A: Filter, for selecting the source data
- B: visualization information and options
Source Test Execution issues can be directly provided (within section A) using a saved filter or by specifying some Test Execution-related fields:
- Saved filter: a saved filter containing Test Execution issues
- Fix Version: the version assigned to the Test Plan
- Assignee: the Test Execution issue assignee
- Status: the Test Execution issue Status
- Resolution: the Test Execution issue Resolution
- Test Plan: the assigned Test Plan
- Environment: the assigned Test Environment
Only Test Executions from the current project are shown.
|Number of Tests in the Test Execution; it also corresponds to the number of test runs|
number of tests by status
|Number of Tests/Test Runs, per Test Run status|
number of tests by test type
|Number of Test Execution's Tests, per Test Type|
|Overall progress; % of Test Runs with a final status|
|% of "successful" Tests (i.e., whose latest status contributes to the OK requirement status; the PASS Test Run status is an example of such a status)|
|Elapsed time||Sum of the elapsed time of Test Runs that have been or are being executed|
|linked defects (open/closed)|
Defects directly associated with the related Test Runs. Will count as unique Defects (i.e., if the same Defect issue is added multiple times in the same Test Run or os added multiple times within Test Runs of the same Test Execution, it will count as one)
Defects with Resolution will be counted in the Closed column; all others will be counted in the Open column.
The report may be a bit wide for some screen resolutions so you will need to scroll horizontally to see the rest of the information.
Some values provide a link, so you can be redirected to the respective entities.
Exporting the Report
The report can be exported to a CSV file, which will include all report rows (and not just the visible ones).
Click on Export and select To csv.
Sharing the Report
The report can be shared by copying and sending the URL located in the browser's address bar.
When opening the report the Filter will be automatically populated with the values provided in the URL.