9 October 2020
The Xray team is proud to announce the release of Xray 4.2.0.
This version features support for xUnit XML reports, updating existing Test cases using the Test Case Importer, configuring the columns on the Test Runs List gadget, Document Generator improvements, and performance improvements when executing manual tests with lots of steps.
Discover the new features below.
Test Step/Test Run Custom Fields
- XRAY-6332: Jira admins must be able to configure if project admins can configure Test Step and Test Run custom fields in Xray
- XRAY-5796: Xray must support the user picker field types for Test Step custom fields
- XRAY-5990: Use folder picker to edit test repository path custom field
- XRAY-4777: The Test execution "Last updated time" should be updated whenever tests/test steps are executed
- XRAY-2242: Ad-hoc Test Execution should contain not only the issue key but also the summary of the Test issue
Reports and Gadgets
- XRAY-4442: As a user, I can filter Test Runs on the Test Runs List gadget/report by currently logged in user
- XRAY-6152: As a user, I can search for Manual Test Steps text using JQL
- XRAY-3734: The JQLs testsWithNoTestSet and testsWithoutTestExecution should take a filter as an argument
- XRAY-4719: The JQL manualTestsWithoutSteps() should take a filter as an argument
- XRAY-5627: As a REST API user, I can set Test Run custom field values when importing execution results using the Xray JSON format
Just one more, yet important, thing...
Documentation is always important and sometimes you may miss it. We added a set of relevant articles to our already extensive documentation.
In this release, you may find new articles to help you take advantage of xUnit XML reports. We also created a section for API testing and included a tutorial for Postman.
Here's a sum-up of all the relevant articles that we've added:
- Tutorials with automation tools & frameworks
- Integration with other Jira apps
- Integrations from the community
All New Features and Bug Fixes in this release